- Indian Coast Guard Fast Patrol Vessel (ICGS) ‘Kanaklata Barua’ has been commissioned in Kolkata.
Headquarters of ICG – New Delhi
Director-General- K. Natarajan
- Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda will virtually launch India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace – Tribes India E-Marketplace.
- The Indian Space of Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready to roll out its Venus Mission in 2025 along with French Space Agency CNES (The National Centre for Space Studies).
the VIRAL (Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker) instrument which is developed by CNES along with ROSCOSMOS, Russian Federal Space Agency, and LATMOS atmospheres, environments, and space observations laboratory attached to the CNRS (National Scientific Research Centre), France, has been selected by ISRO.
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited has topped the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2020.
- The Government of India has set up a screening panel to examine all Chinese foreign investment proposals. This panel is headed by Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla and secretary of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) as a member.
- According to the latest data released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), New Delhi is ranked first in crimes against women.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has rolled out 100 days campaign on 2nd October 2020 to provide potable piped water supply in schools and Anganwadi centres.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Atal Tunnel, the world’s longest highway tunnel at Rohtang on October 3, 2020. The 9.02 kilometres long tunnel, built at an altitude of 3000 meters, will connect Manali in Himachal Pradesh to Lahaul-Spiti valley.
- India successfully test-fired off the coast of Odisha a new version of Shaurya surface-to-surface nuclear-capable ballistic missile (800km range) developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers Sadananda Gowda addressed virtually the “CII Life Science Conclave 2020”, organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- India will build a 100 bedded cancer hospital and a 22000 seater cricket stadium in the Maldives, under the USD 800 million Line of Credit (LoC) given by Exim Bank.
- Second Edition of Indian and Bangladesh Navy Bilateral Exercise “Bongosagar” will commence in Northern Bay of Bengal.
- India has gifted forty-one ambulances and six school buses to various governmental and NGOs working in the field of health and education in Nepal.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched the Pathashri Abhijan, a road repair scheme.
National and International Appointments
Additional Chief Secretary of Revenue and Disaster Management and Financial Commissioner Revenue Vijai Vardhan has been appointed by Haryana Government as the new Chief Secretary of Haryana.
Awards and Honor
- Actor Sonu Sood has received UNDP’s (United Nations Development Programme) special Humanitarian Action Award.
Headquarters of UNDP- New York
- Sanjay Singh, a member of parliament of Rajyasabha has been chosen as the recipient of the “2020 Gandhi Award”
Obituaries and Retirement
Kannada writer and Literary Critic, Sahitya Akademi Awardee GS Amur has passed away recently.
Banking News and Finance
- The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved USD 241 million loans for Mumbai Metro and USD 500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project.
Headquarters of NDB – Shanghai, China
President of NDB- Marcos Troyjo
Vice President – Anil Kishore
- Yes Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to empower the SME (Small Micro Enterprises) segment through awareness and knowledge sharing programme.
- State Bank of India (SBI) and Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) have partnered to provide digital payment and financing solutions to small retailers. The bank will offer instant paperless overdraft facility of up to Rs 50,000 to retailers for their billings with distributors.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is embarking on a Sanitation Literacy Campaign (SLC) from October 2 to promote literacy on ‘WASH’ (water, sanitation, and hygiene) in 2,000 villages across the country.
- Reserve Bank of India excludes six public sector banks from Second Schedule of RBI Act. The six banks are – Allahabad Bank, Corporation Bank, Andhra Bank, Syndicate Bank, Oriented Bank of Commerce, United Bank of India
- International Day of Non-violence is observed on 2nd October by the United Nations.
- The Breast Cancer Awareness is observed globally from 1st October to 31st October.
- World Vegetarian Day is celebrated annually on 1st October.
- International Coffee Day is observed every year on 1st October.
- World Animal Welfare day is observed on 4th October.
- Integrated Defence Staff celebrated its 20th raising day on 1st October.