Current Affairs on September
- To receive foreign funding the union Home Ministry has granted the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) Registration to Golden Temple, Punjab, Amritsar.
- A research lab of DRDO will be opened in Morena district, Madhya Pradesh, at a cost of two thousand crore rupees.
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha along with Jitendra Singh (Ministry of DONOR) and Kiren Rijiju (Sports ministry) jointly laid the e foundation stone of Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex at Hiranagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- India’s first Corona virus airport testing facility has been launched at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International airport.
- According to the 2019 ranking of states and union territories by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Gujarat has emerged as the best performer state in developing startup ecosystem for budding entrepreneurs. In terms of UT, Andaman and Nicobar has appeared as the best performer.
- Krea University of Andhra Pradesh has set up an incubation centre “Catalyst” in Jaipur, Rajasthan to enhance innovations and inclusive tech solutions.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) prevention device has veen developed by Sree Chaitanya Tirunal Institute for medical sciences and technology, Trivandrum.
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers affiliated organisation Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd has started its Methanol plant at Tromboy unit, Mumbai.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs ministry Hardeep Singh Puri has launched Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF)2.0 along with the “Streets for people challenge”.
- National Statistical Office (NSO) has released a report, “Household Social Consumption”. According to the report Andhra Pradesh has emerged as least literate state in the country with 66.4% of literary rate. On the other hand, Kerala has emerged as the most literate state in the country with 96.2% literacy rate.
- Vice president M. Venkaiah Naidu will inagurate fourth edition of Global Ayurveda Summit organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Theme- Immunity Through Ayurveda.
- Harivansh Narayan Singh from NDA has been re-elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajyasabha. He is 12th Deputy Chairman of Rajyasabha.
- Central Government has constituted an Empowered Group of Ministers headed by Rajnath Singh to supervise the process of the corporatisation of the Ordinance Factory Board.
- Reliance Industries has become the first Indian company to cross the $200 billion market cap.
- Prime minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stones for seven urban infrastructure projects in Bihar through video conferencing.
- Yoshihide Suga has been elected new Prime Minister of Japan by replacing Shinzo Abe.
- Liberia has declared rape as national emergency and it will establish a National Security Task Force.
- Andhra Pradesh government has launched the Asara scheme for self help groups.
- Odisha state government has launched “The Garima” scheme to ensure the economic safety for the welfare sanitation workers.
- Punjab chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh has launched the “Smart Ration Card Scheme” to cover 1.41 crore beneficiaries across the state.
- Gujarat government will launch Mukhyamantri Mahila Kalyan Scheme to provide interest free loans to promote self-employment among women.
- Maharashtra Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray has rolled out a campaign to tackle the Corona virus pandemic, “My Family, My Responsibility”.
National and international Appointments
- Subhash Kamath has been appointed as the chairman of the board of Governors of Advertising Standards Council of India(ASCI).Besides him NS Rajan has been appointed as the vice chairman of ASCI.
- Sachin Tendulkar has been appointed as ambassador of Paytm First Games, a subsidiary of Digital Financial Service platform Paytm.
- Amazon has partnered with Amitabh Bachchan as Alexa’s first ever celebrity voice in India.
- Rajesh Khullar has been appointed as the executive director of World Bank till August 2023 (3 Years)
- Sameer Kumar Khare has been appointed as the new Executive Director of ADB.
- Advertising Standards Council of India has appointed Subhash Kamath as the chairman of the Board of Governors.
Honor and Awards :
- Chatainya Tamhane has won the best screenplay award for his Marathi language feature film “The Disciple” at the 77th Venice Film Festival.
- HDFC Bank’s MD, Aditya Puri has been honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award by Euromoney Awards of Excellence 2020
Book and Author:
Gauri Khan will release her debut book “My Life in Design”.
Obituaries and retirement :
- Former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh has passed away recently.
- Former Chhattisgarh minister Ram Rathiya has passed away recently.
Banking News (Domestic and International)
- RBI has issued guidelines for appointment of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in banks. CCO will be appointed for a minimum fixed period of three years.
- NSDL payment Bank has entered into a corporate agency agreement with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.
- Bank of India has launched an international contactless debit card ” Signature Visa Debit Card” for those individuals who maintain an average quarterly balance Rs. 10 lakhs and above.
- SBI General Insurance has signed a corporate agency agreement with Yes Bank.
- Dominic Thiem of Austria has won the Men singles title of the 2020 US open (Hardcourt) by defeating Alexander Zverev of Germany.
- Naomi Osaka of Japan has won Women’ singles title of the US Open (Hard Court) by defeating Victoria Azarenka of Belarus.
- Britain’s Mercedes team player Lewis Hamilton has won the 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix title.
- Trinbago Knight Riders has won the 2020 Hero Caribbean Premier League.
- Telecom operator Vodafone-Idea (VI) jas become the co-presenting sponsor of the Upcoming Dream11 IPL 2020 (13th edition), hosting country UAE.
- The domestic rating agency, CARE ratings projected a sharp contraction of 8-8.2% in the current financial year in India’s GDP.
MD and CEO of CARE Ratings : Ajay Mahajan.
- ADB has projected a contraction of 9% in India’s economy in 2020.
● 14th September is observed as Hindi Day.
● 15th September is celebrated as Engineer’s Day in India, the birth anniversary of Visvesvaraya.
● International day of Democracy is observed on 15th September.