Daily Current Affairs for Indian Government Jobs
- Election Commission of India has set up a committee under its Director General Umesh Sinha and ex Indian Revenue Service officer Harish Kumar to examine the existing expenditure limits for election candidates.
- India successfully carried out the final trial of the Nag anti-tank guided missile from the Pokhran firing ranges in Rajasthan. The missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The Indian Army Chief General, Manoj Mukund Naravane commissioned the last of the four indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare-ASW stealth corvette ‘INS Kavaratti’ into Indian Navy at Naval Dockyard, Vishakhapatnam. It has been designed by the Directorate of Naval Design (DND) and built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata.
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has bagged the second position in the Safe Travel Barometer’s list globally on COVID-19 safety related protocols.
- IIT Kharagpur’s “COVIRAP”, the diagnostic Technology has been successfully validated for its efficacy in COVID-19 detection by the Indian Council Medical Research (ICMR).
- Aashi Hanspal has been named the “Most Deserving and Impressive New Driver” in the FIA Girls on Track – The Rising Stars Programme.
- Railway Protection Force, Visakhapatnam has started implementing “Meri Saheli” initiative an AP Express (Visakhapatnam to New Delhi),in order to provide proactive security to women passengers.
- Union Minister of Health and Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan virtually addressed the World Bank- IMF annual meeting.
Theme – Unleashing the South Asian Century through Human Capital for All and Investing in COVID-19 Vaccines and Primary Healthcare Delivery System.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Mnister, Narendra Modi has approved Memorandum of Understanding between the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India (ICAI) and the Certified Practising Accountants, Papua New Guinea (CPA PNG)to work together in capacity building and strengthening the Accounting, Financial and Audit Knowledge base in Papua New Guinea.
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan today inaugurated the DME fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” unit along with the DME-LPG blended fuel cylinders.
- The 6th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2020 will be held Virtually from 22ndto 25th December, 2020.
- Zenpay Solutions has partnered with RBL Bank and YAP in order to drive financial inclusion to issue salary cards to its customers across India.
- IRDAI has set up a nine membered panel headed by P Umesh to explore the possibility of basic standard product structure to provide Insurance cover for individuals and establishments to manage their cyber risks.
- Road and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched India’s first ever high quality Khadi Fabric Footwear, designed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Girnar ropeway project in Junagadh, the expanded UN Mehta Cardiology and Research Centre and the Kisan Suryodaya Yojana in Gujarat via video conference from New Delhi.
- Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar released the new series of Consumer Price Index for Industrial workers with 2016 base year.
- The Ministry of External Affairs informed that India will be hosting the third India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue on October 27 in New Delhi.
- NASA has selected Nokia as a partner to build the first-ever cellular network on the Moon. Under the NASA partnership, Nokia will build the first-ever ultra-compact and low-powered end-to-end LTE solution.
- The Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Nigeria on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
The MoU has been signed between Indian Space Research Organisation (at Bengaluru in June 2020) and the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) of Nigeria at Abuja (in August 2020).
- Sushil Kumar Singhal has been appointed as the ambassador to Solomon Islands from India.
- According to “Trade and Development Report 2020- From Global Pandemic to Prosperity for All : Avoiding Another Lost Decade” released by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Global Trade is expected to fall by 7-9% in 2020 due to the pandemic.
- Recently, Saudi Arabia hosted the first-ever Ministerial Meeting of the G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) virtually. Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh addressed this meeting.
- The Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project in Bhutan, which was assisted by India has won the prestigious Brunel Medal for excellence in civil engineering conferred by the UK-based Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of Assam Agar International Trade Centre at Golaghat.
- Tamilnadu Government implements Smart Black Board Scheme in 80,000 Government Schools.
- The Odisha Government selected the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) as its national Industry partner for the 3rd edition of the “Make in Odisha” conclave.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani Inaugurated the newly expanded Bus Rapid Transition System (BRTS) route from Kymbhariya to kadodara, Surat virtually from Gandhinagar. Thus Surat became the only city in the country to have the longest BRTS network with 108 kilometres.
- Kerala Automobiles Limited, a public sector undertaking, has decided to start exporting electric autos ‘Neem G’ to Nepal.
- In a first in History in Jammu and Kashmir,the Chief Justice of J&K High Court Gita Mittal Inaugurated a family court at District Court Complex at Srinagar.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the YSR Bima Scheme, an insurance
scheme to benefit 1.41 crore BPL families.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat in partnership with NABARD Inaugurated Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme in the state.
National and International Appointments:
- LG Electronics has appointed Lewis Hamilton a global ambassador for its home solution brand, LG Signature.
- Priyanka Chopra has been roped by Parle Agro as the National Ambassador.
Awards and Honors:
- Managing Director of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Pravir Krishna has received the CEO of the year and Visionary Leadership Award for the Investment in the Start-ups category. The awards were hosted by World Human Resource Development.
Obituaries and Retirement:
- Retired Wing Commander Dr. Vijayalakshmi Ramanan, the first woman Commissioned officer of the Indian Air Force, has passed away recently.
Banking News (Domestic and International Banks):
- Bank of Baroda has announced a tie-up with Toyota Kirloskar Motor to enable finance operations for the automaker’s customers and dealers.
- Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Prevention Day is annually observed on 21st October.
- International Snow Leopard Day is observed on 23rd October.
- The International Stuttering Awareness Day is annually observed across the globe on 22nd October.