How to Apply for Inspire Scholarship
What is INSPIRE Scholarship
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a merit based flagship programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
INSPIRE has three components:
Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS),
Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) (INSPIRE SHE Scholarship) and
Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC).
What is INSPIRE Scholarship
Under this scheme SHE, each selected candidate receives INR 80,000 annually for pursuing any subject of Natural or Basic Sciences. The main objective of this program is to attract meritorious students to undertake Bachelor’s and Master’s courses in Basic Science and Natural Science based on their merit and give them a chance to make a career in science research.
Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS):
The SEATS is also divided in two categories:
The students who are studying in class VI to X having age 10 to 15 years are awarded with the amount worth INR 5,000 per year for the duration of five years.
A summer camp is provided with global leaders to 50,000 students who are studying in class XI (Science stream) to joy innovations.
How to Apply for Inspire Scholarship
Scholarship for Higher Education
Under the SHE scheme, each student who is pursuing any subject of Natural or Basic Sciences in Bachelor or Master level education will receive INR 80,000 per year.
This scholarship is provided to 10,000 students having age from 17 to 22 years.
AORC Assured Opportunity for Research Careers
The AORC has two categories:
Inspire Fellowship: Every year 1000 scholarships are offered to those Students who are participating in Doctoral Degree (PhD) and coming from the age group of 22-27 years.
Inspire faculty award: Every year especially 1000 Post-Doctoral researchers receive the amount of 7 Lakh per year for the duration of 5 years. Thus, the applicants of the age group 27-32 years can avail this faculty award.
What is the Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria under SEATS
Inspire Awards ( class VI to X):
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students must be in the age group of 10-15 years and they should study in class VI to class X.
Inspire Internship (class XI):
- The candidate should be a student of class XI in the state/central, government/private schools.
- The candidate must have secured his/her rank within the top 1% in 10th Board Examination.
- It is mandatory to participate in the summer camp of the same state and it is required to not attend a similar summer camp earlier.
- Names of the students must be nominated by the Principal/Headmaster/ Headmistress.
What is the eligibility Criteria for Inspire Scholarship for UG/ PG under SHE
In order to apply for SHE, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant must be within the age group of 17-22 years.
- The candidates must be among the top 1% successful students in terms of aggregate marks in their class XI examination (2020 only) of any state/ central board of India.
- The applicant must enroll in regular courses of Natural or Basic Science at the B.Sc (three years) or BS(four years) and five years integrated M.Sc or MS in any recognised college or university.
- Students who have secured rank within top 10,000 ranks in JEE (Main & Advanced) or IIT or NEET, AIEEE (top 20000 rankers) and passed CBSE Medical (AIPMT) and have opted to study B.Sc/ BS or Int. M.Sc/MS in Natural and Basic Science across India.
- Students who are selected in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellows, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholars, International Olympiad Medalists and Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) Scholars and are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are eligible.
- The candidates who are admitted to Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai for pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree can also avail Inspire Scholarship.
Subjects within the scope of INSPIRE Scheme for pursuing B.Sc/B.S/Int M.Sc/Int M.S course are-
|Atmospheric Sciences||Oceanic Sciences|
Eligibility Criteria for for Inspire Fellowship under AORC
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and falling within the age group of 17-22 years.
- Applicants should study their post-graduation in Basic & Applied Sciences/ Engineering/ Medicine/ Pharmacy/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University/Institute.
- He/she should contain at least 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA at M.Sc or integrated MS or M.Sc.
Eligibility Criteria for Inspire Faculty Award (Post-PhD)
- Applicants should be citizens of India/ NRI/ PIO who are within the age group of 27-32 years. (SC/ST 27-35 years).
- The applicant should be a PhD degree holder in one of the following subjects – Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and Agriculture-related subjects from any recognized university in the world.
- The candidate should possess a minimum 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA) throughout academic profile from Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who have submitted PhD theses and are awaiting award of the degree can also apply.
What is the Inspire Scholarship amount 2020 (SHE)
Each student who is pursuing any subject of Natural or Basic Sciences in Bachelor or Master level education will receive INR 80,000 per year. (INR 60,000 is payable to the selected students per annum and INR 20,000 as summer time attachment fee for necessary summer research project).
What is Tenure of Inspire Scholarship amount 2020 (SHE):
The scholarship is provided for a maximum of five years or until the completion of course. Continuation of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based on good academic performance in the examinations conducted by the University and upon the recommendation by the Head of the Institution.
INSPIRE Scholarship Important Documents
The scanned copy of the documents listed below are to be uploaded while applying for Inspire 2020 scholarship:
- Applicant’s Passport size photograph (compulsory for all).
- Mark sheet of class X (compulsory for all)
- Report card of class XII (compulsory for all)
- If you belong to backward classes like OBC/SC/ST then caste certificate will be required.
- Certificate specifying rank in National level competitive entrance exam (if applying under this category).
- Certificate specifying award in KVPY/ JBNSTS/ NTSE/ International Olympic Medallists (if applying under this category).
- Endorsement form signed by the Principal of the college/ Director of the Institute/ Registrar of the University.
- First page of applicant’s SBI Bank passbook.
- Eligibility note for Inspire Scholarship 2020 or advisory note, if provided by the State/Central Board (not compulsory)
How to apply for Inspire Scholarship
Interested candidates have to apply for the scholarship through an online portal. The detailed procedure for applying is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of INSPIRE Scholarship and register yourself.
- Once the registration process is over, log in with the User ID and password received on their registered Email ID.
- Then fill the application form with required details correctly and upload all the above mentioned needed documents.
- The candidate has to review the listed details before the submission of the form by clicking on the ‘Print Preview’ button.
- Finally click the submit button and print out the submitted application form for future reference.
Inspire Scholarship selection process
All the online applications will be judged by the selectors and candidates will be evaluated appropriately on the basis of their eligibility criteria. After evaluation, a list of shortlisted candidates is prepared. More information about selection procedures is mentioned below:
- The selected list of candidates will be displayed on the online portal of INSPIRE and also on the website of INSPIRE.
- The shortlisted students need to download the provisional offer letter.
- The shortlisted candidates need to upload the necessary documents on the web portal within the specified time for further consideration.
- The chosen candidates will receive the scholarship directly into their State Bank of India bank accounts through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
Inspire Scholarship Terms and conditions
- The INSPIRE scholar must open a regular Savings Bank Account in any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) only.
- Candidates availing any other scholarship from other sources are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2020 Last Date to Apply
Interested and eligible students must apply and submit the application form within the below-mentioned date.
Online application is started from 1st November 2020 and will be available upto 31st December 2020.
Renewal of Inspire Scholarship 2020
- Renewal of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based on good academic performance in the examinations.
- Only students who have achieved 60% or more marks (7.0 GPA or above) in the University/College exams will be eligible for continuation of Inspire scholarship 2020.
- The students who have not attended the exams or have failed to achieve required score in their B.Sc/BS/Int. M.Sc/Int.MS exam are not eligible for the renewal of Inspire Scholarship.