Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Students of Jammu & Kashmir (PMSSS)
Scholarship for Engineering Students Medical Studies & Others Streams – PMSSS
The scholarship is aimed at encouraging students from Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to pursue undergraduate studies outside the union territories for improving their skills by providing access to education. All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) under the supervision of the Ministry of Human Resource has started this Scheme in 2011 to enhance employment opportunities among youths of Jammu and Kashmir. Every year 5000 scholarships are available to the students if they want to pursue courses in General Degree, Professional (Engg./Nursing/Pharmacy/Hotel Management/Architecture etc.) Degree and Medical Streams.
Scholarship for Engineering Students Medical Studies & Others Streams – PMSSS
In order to be eligible to win this scholarship, students have to apply online registration on AICTE portal (All India Council for Technical Education) and they have to choose any enlisted college in AICTE portal. All NAAC, NBA, NIRF, Government institutions/ colleges having hostel Facilities along with other centres of excellence outside the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh union territories are listed in AICTE.
PMSSS Eligibility Criteria
Students must fulfil the following criteria determined by the scholarship organizing authority to avail this scholarship:
- Applicants must be a permanent resident or citizen of Jammu&Kashmir and Ladakh.
- They must have passed class X and XII from J&K and Ladakh state schools or CBSE affiliated schools in J&K and Ladakh.
- Annual family income must not be exceeded 8 lakhs.
- Students who passed 10+3 diploma from J&K states polytechnics are eligible for direct admission in the second year in the prescribed list of colleges.
- This Scholarship is available for the students who want to pursue study in General Degree, Professional (Engg./Nursing/Pharmacy/Hotel Management/Architecture etc.) Degree and Medical Stream in the enlisted colleges under PMSSS portal.
- To take admission in MBBS/BDS courses students are required to appear and qualify NEET exam. However, they have to initially register on AICTE portal by submitting NEET roll number and after securing their admission to college through NEET counselling, allotment letter along with NEET scorecard will be required to become eligible for this scholarship.
- Students taking admission in Architecture courses are required to qualify the NATA exam conducted by CoA. After uploading NATA result and admit card their admission through AICTE portal will be confirmed to Architecture course.
- Candidates who want to take admission under Lateral Entry Scheme have to pass Diploma in Engineering from the polytechnic institute recognised by J&K Directorate of Technical Education during the academic year from the union territories of J&K and Ladakh.
- Aspirants seeking admission in Integrated law course are required to qualify CLAT. After uploading CLAT result and admit card their admission through AICTE portal will be confirmed for Architecture course.
Students are not eligible if they follow any of the below mentioned list:
- Students who do not apply through online registration on AICTE Portal.
- If candidates enroll courses offered by open University.
- Students who have already benefited from other government or non-government schemes are not eligible.
- If applicants join colleges other than the enlisted colleges in AICTE portal or apply courses which are not approved under 12(B) UGC Act or AICTE then they can not avail this scholarship.
- Students taking admission through agents/NGO or gaining admission under “Management Quota” .
- Students Pursuing post graduate studies
- If applicants are absent during counseling then they will be considered as ineligible.
- Candidates who are already getting the benefits and award value of PMSSS can not apply again
PMSSS Benefits and Rewards
A total of 5000 scholarships will be awarded to the selected candidates and they will receive the following benefits:
For General degree-
- INR 30,000 per annum for the academic fee will be reimbursed directly to the institution.
- INR 1.00 lakh for maintenance expenses will be paid in candidates account directly. (In 9 instalments- the first instalment is INR 20,000 and then INR 10,000 per month).
- Total 2070 scholarships are available for a general degree.
For Professional degree (Engg./Nursing/Pharmacy/Hotel Management/Architecture etc):
- A maximum ceiling of INR 1,25,000 per for the academic fee will be reimbursed directly to the institution.
- INR 1.00 lakh for maintenance expenses will be paid in the candidate’s account directly. (In 9 instalments- the first instalment is INR 20,000 and then INR 10,000 per month).
- Total 2830 scholarships are available for a professional degree.
- For Medical degree (MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS):
- INR 3,00,000 per annum for the academic fee will be reimbursed directly to the institution.
- INR 1.00 lakh for maintenance expenses will be paid in candidate’s account directly. (In 9 installments- first installment is INR 20,000 and then INR 10,000 per month).
- Total 100 scholarships are available for medical degree.
Note- Bank account of the candidates should be neither “no-frill account” / minor account nor parents’ account/ joint account/ non operative account etc.
PMSSS Required Documents
The following documents will be necessary during the application process. So it is advised to gather all the documents before starting to apply.
- Domicile certificate of J&K
- Family Income Certificate (Issued by Tehsildar or equivalent)
- Aadhaar card
- Certificate of class X and XII examination (for candidates who have passed class 12th examination)
- Diploma Certificate (for lateral entry only)
- Passport size photograph (200×230 pixels preferred) and scanned signature (140×60 pixels preferred).
- AADHAR number
- Bank account details of the applicant seeded with AADHAR is mandatory.
- Valid Caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC for claiming the reservation as per State Govt. Policy
- Persons with disabilities must submit Valid disability certificate.
How to apply for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Students of Jammu & Kashmir
Follow the steps to apply PMSSS application form successfully:
- Visit the official site of PMSSS and Click on the Registration button.
- Select either “12th registration” or “Diploma registration”.
- Then fill the Registration form and submit.
- On successful registration, you will get an email/SMS on registered email id or mobile.
- Click on the verification link and your registration is completed.
- Then log in through email and password to fill up the application form.
- Then fill the form by giving proper details, attach above mentioned required documents and submit.
Note- The applicants have to verify the necessary documents with the originals at the nearest Facilitation Centre set up by UTs of J&K and Ladakh. Then after verification they have to upload with the stamp on portal of Facilitation Centres. The choice filling window will be activated only for those candidates who have successfully registered and got their documents verified at any one of the Facilitation Centre.
PMSSS Selection Process
Allotment of seats will be done through online counseling only.
If any candidate is absent during online counseling his/her admission will be not allowed.
List of enlisted colleges/universities will be displayed in candidate’s log in for choice filling.
Merit list of candidates based on the marks obtained in CBSE/JKBOSE will be displayed before the first round of counseling result.
PMSSS Scholarship Disbursement Procedure
After joining the institution, the student has to upload the college joining report verified by the Institution by logging in to AICTE portal. Fill all the necessary information in Basic Details Tab, Institute Details Tab and Bank Details Tab, then upload all these to start Disbursement Procedure.
The annual academic fee would be credited in the Institute account directly, so the Institute also needs to perform some tasks. They have to log in to AICTE’s J&K portal, then fill the necessary information and upload documents namely in 3 tabs: Institute Details, Fee details (released based on SFRC), Bank details (passbook copy/cancelled cheque clearly indicating bank name, account holders name, account number, IFSC code, MICR code, Bank address). After completing all the documents click on the submit button.