Pragati Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme which is available only for girl students and this scheme is implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Every year total 5,000 Scholarships are provided to girl students for pursuing their degree or diploma in technology.
Scholarship for Girls Pragati Scholarship AICTE PRAGATI Details and How To Apply
The aim of Pragati Scholarship is to empower women through technical education. Selected candidates will receive financial assistance worth ₹50,000 per year from the government.
In order to know everything about eligibility criteria, cut off, seats availability, documents, course, application process and fees, benefits, Scholarship amount, selection process, you just need to follow Pragati Scholarship.
Pragati Scholarship AICTE PRAGATI
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility criteria
Eligible students can apply for Pragati Scholarship via the National Scholarship Portal. In order to be eligible for Pragati Scholarship, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- The girl candidate should be admitted to the 1st year or 2nd year of technical degree/diploma level course through lateral entry only in any of the enlisted college/institution of AICTE portal in the current academic year.
- Two girls per family are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual family income should not exceed 8 lakh during the preceding financial year.
- The selection of the candidate will be made on merit on the basis of the qualifying examination.
Pragati Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship provides total 5000 Scholarships to a girl student.
The selected students receive INR 50,000 per annum for every year i.e. maximum 4 years for Degree and 3 years for Diploma for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for Degree and 2 years for Diploma for second year admitted students through lateral entry.
- Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less.
- Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year.
- In case of tuition fee waiver/ reimbursement, students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the –
Purchase of books
Purchase of equipment
Purchase of laptops and software
Purchase of desktops
purchase of vehicle
- The scholarship is reserved in the following manners for the backward caste and category-
15% for SC
7.5% for ST
27% for OBC
- In addition to 5000 scholarships, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship form, from following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States i.e. Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT), JK (UT), Ladakh (UT), Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT), Lakshadweep (UT), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura will be given a scholarship by AICTE.
Note- Authority will not grant any additional money to make the payment like Hostel Charges and medical charges, etc.
Pragati Scholarship Required Documents
The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the following required documents while filling the Pragati Scholarship Application form. It is advised to gather all the documents before applying.
- Mark sheet of class X and class XII are required.
- Annual family income certificate of the preceding financial year in the prescribed format by Tehsildar or above competent Authority.
- Admission letter issued by the Directorate of Technical Education for the admission of diploma or degree course.
- The receipt of paid tuition fee for the current academic year.
- Certificate issued by the Director/ principal/ Head of the Institute.
- If candidate belongs to backward caste, then SC/ST/OBC caste certificate will be mandatory.
- AADHAR seeded bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating-
- Self declaration form signed by applicant stating that the information provided by him/her in Pragati Scholarship Application form is correct and will refund the Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.
- Applicant’s Aadhar card, passport size photo and scanned copy of signature are required.
Pragati Scholarship Application Process
Follow the below mentioned process to apply Pragati Scholarship form correctly:
- At first visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and register yourself by clicking on the “New Registration” button.
- After completing Registration the applicants will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number.
- Now log in to the NSP portal with the credentials that you received on registered Email ID/ mobile number.
- The applicants will be asked to change the password (a mandatory step).
- After that fill the application form correctly with personal details, family and income details, Institute details, education details, bank details and upload all the scanned copies of above mentioned required documents.
- Then finally click on the “Submit’ button.
- Take a hard copy of submitted form for future reference.
Pragati Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
Last Date to Apply Online for Pragati Scholarship 2020 : 30 November, 2020
Pragati Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be based on their merit of the qualifying examination
for admission into the technical course of an AICTE approved college/institution.
AICTE had decided to give reservation to the SC, ST and OBC category candidates. For the disbursement of Pragati Scholarship some percentage of the total scholarships are reserved for these categories. The percentage is as follows:-
Procedure to Check Pragati Scholarship Merit List
Follow the simple steps to check the Pragati Scholarship merit list:
- At first go to the official website of Pragati Scholarship.
- You will get Scholarship merit list option on the homepage. Click the option and open the merit list.
- Under the Pragati Scholarship Merit List which will be displayed on your screen, you will get following Details-
Student Unique ID
AICTE Institute ID
State Of Institute
- Now Click on the Download option and Save.
Pragati Scholarship Renewal Application
The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study in 2nd/ 3rd year of diploma & under graduation degree or 4th year of under graduation degree. Students have to apply the Pragati Scholarship renewal application form by submitting a passing certificate/mark sheet along with a letter from the head of the institution on the online portal.
Log in to the National Scholarship Portal with your ID and password and select the appropriate link of the renewal application.
Fill the form with all necessary details and upload proper documents. Finally submit and take a print out for further use.
If a candidate fail or drop out in subsequent year, she will not be eligible for further Scholarship.
Terms and conditions of Pragati Scholarship 2020
- Only the students who have taken admission in the first year of their degree/diploma program in the current academic year are eligible for this scholarship.
- The size of passport size photo should not exceed 200 KB and must be uploaded in JPG or JPEG format.
- Scanned copy of signature should be no more than 50 KB and must be uploaded in JPG or JPEG format.
- Those students who are admitted through management quota cannot apply for this Pragati scholarship.
- The applicant is required to have a General savings bank account because the scholarship amount will be transferred to the candidate’s bank account through direct bank transfer (DBT) mode.
They cannot use FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- A student who is enjoying any other government scholarship or emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during his/her course of study in the institute cannot avail Pragati scholarship.
- The gap period between the qualifying exam and the session of admission in diploma/ degree course should not be more than 2 years.
- For converting CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into percentage, CGPA X 9.5 will give the percentage.
- If candidates have any query about the merit list of scholarship, they may raise their grievances within a month. No query regarding merit list will be entertained after one-month duration.